Sunday, January 18, 2004


Power Brick Rant

Philo from JOS: "Another peripheral, another freaking power brick. Why do I have fifteen different transformers under my desk?

...USB was supposed to carry power for peripherals, but I guess it was too hard. Well now that USB2 and Firewire are established you guys can go back and put power back on the pins. I also want daisy-chaining put back in the spec...

...And if nobody can bother doing that, then I want a standard low-voltage power established with a standard connector. Everyone can use 15v or 7.5v...
"

JOS - Power brick rant

WWII Aerial Photos...

From the Guardian (credit to Slashdot for the link): "Unique aerial photographs of the some of the key events of the Second World War are to be made available for the first time over the internet... The entire archive of more than five million aerial reconnaissance photographs, shot by the RAF over Western Europe during the conflict, is going online from Monday.

They include American troops landing on the Normandy beaches on D-Day, the seizure of the Pegasus bridge by British paratroops, the aftermath of the first 1,000 bomber raid on Cologne, and the German battleship Bismarck as the Royal Navy hunted her down...


The Aerial Reconnaissance Archives (TARA)

Star Wars Honda Del Sol

I guess I'm not as much of a loser as I thought...


Star Wars Civic Project

No comments: